Friday, May 16, 2014

Scrap Shotz May Kit Reveal!!!!

Hello!!
This post is coming late, my apologies, this month's kit reveal conincided with the Scrap Shotz NSD crop so I was a "mad scrapper" working on projects for both events.

The May Scrap Shotz kit features the "Suave" line by Authentique:

Click on the link above to see the kit details. 

This first project is based on our creative team sketch created by Jess Duerksen and just happens to be my May Design Team challenge sample:

The "good times" title is one of the new Tim Holtz shadow press embossing folders that I inked with distress ink and then ran through my Vagabond. The green dots are made with a Tim Holtz stencil and Art Anthology dimensional paint. My May Design Team challenge uses the stencil so feel free to click on the link and play along with us at the Scrap Shotz forum :).

These bookmarks feature the Taylored Expressions "Mark Your Spot" stamp  and the Tim Holtz Frameworks die in addition to the May Scrap Shotz kit. I die cut the tags with a Tim Holtz die and inked with vintage photo Distress Ink.

This layout showcases our May feature product, the die cut stars. I used the "super" star as a mask to mist over the patterned paper background, I applied Glossy Accents to the letters of the "super" die cut as well as filling in the negative space on the misted die cuts themselves.


The mini-hexagon border is a die-version die?? I can't find it in the store so I am guessing, please email me if you want to know for sure and I will get you the info asap :). This is a super simple card but it does the job! The sentiment is peel-off words from Elizabeth Craft.

This paper was perfect for some nature photos from the Coulee running behind our home and the kit alphas add the perfect pop of colour!

You can see what the entire design team created in the Scrap Shotz Gallery

Thanks for taking a look :))

1 comment:

Stephanie Eaken said...

Fabulous layouts!! And the card & bookmark are so fun! I nominated your blog for a Liebster award! Check out my post: http://www.stephanie-eaken.blogspot.com/2014/05/liebster-award.html

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Saturday Challenge!

         Good morning and welcome to our   Monthly Saturday Challenge Mid Inspiration Post at  Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!   We are back tod...