Thursday, December 1, 2011

December Daily Begins

It's December 1rst and so begins the third installment of December Daily for me. I'm super excited as I have also signed up for Journal Your Christmas and I think it will be a good fit for DD and for me!

As I type this I am working on my Day One pages and I will post them tomorrow. In the mean time, I'd like to share the cover of journal and how I used the JYC printables from Shimelle Laine.

I loooooooooved Ali's embossed cover so I wanted to try something similar. I did not prime this Bazzil 8x8 chipboard album, just sprayed Maya Road red mist and topped with Mr.Huey's Holly Berry. I then applied embossing ink over a Pink Paislee Misting Mask, sprinkled with white embossing powder, added heat and voila! I glued some glitter ribbon along the edge, the embossed area is the width of the misting mask. To keep the glitter from flaking all over the place I applied Triple Thick brush on Gloss Glaze. It's very similar to Glossy Accents but cheaper ;). I finished it off with Thickers for the title and MM glittered numbers for the year.

I incorporated Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas flashcard and manifesto inside the front cover of my album and added this glittered ticket.

I love how the cover and the start of my book have turned out; back tomorrow with Day One!
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps April Release Hop & Shop!

  WOWZERS! Have you enjoyed all the incredible Krafty Peeks this week?  SO many fabulous creations from the Krafty Team featuring ALL of ou...