Monday, February 17, 2014

Scrap Shotz Kit February 2014 Kit Reveal!!

Hello and thank you for stopping by to take in my Scrap Shotz CT February Kit Reveal!

This month's kit is AWESOME, it's brand new from CHA, My Mind's Eye the Izzy line from the Here and Now Collection. There are also a number of great add on's of which I've used in some projects but others are just a great value item so I've added them to my stash for that reason :).

Let's start it off with the CT sketch project for this month, our sketch is by SSZ ambassador and CT member Jess Duerksen

and here is my take on this great sketch


The enamel dots are a kit add on as well as the button in the center of the accent.

In the following layout I fussy cut the triangles from the kit patterned paper. The title "block" is one of the kit 3x4 journal cards. I've added enamel dots and one of the brad/die cut accents along with the kit twine which I've glued down.

The heart cut out background below was cut with my Cameo out of the kit patterned paper and layered over more kit patterned paper. I've added some of the kit chipboard and stickers along with a button from the add on to the layout. The #blessed is stamped with the new Tim Holtz #Hashtags stamp.

This canvas below was a birthday present my daughter gave her friend. It's a 5x7 canvas with smaller 2x2 and 2x4 canvas's layered over patterned paper and accented with kit chipboard, patterned paper and word stickers along with add on washii and enamel dots. I also glued down a brad to the right side of the banner chipboard.

The kit die cut chipboard "Relax and Unwind" was perfect for this Spring Break photo I had from a few years ago, I misted it with Studio Calico Mr.Huey's Sunset mist and topped it with Heidi Swapp Colour Shine White.

This next layout turned out to be a bunch more complicated to create than I anticipated. It took me a few bad cuts to figure out when to work with the reverse side of the stencil but I figured it out...eventually ;)) I LOVE how it turned out, the kit die cuts in the Izzy "Mixed Bag" were the perfect addition to frame my photo.

I ordered & received the brand new Karen Burniston Pop It Ups Lots of Pops die by Elizabeth Craft Designs along with my kit and had lots of fun making this card, here is the front
and here is the showstopper, the inside

I used one the 3x4 journal cards as the base for this next layout. The "captured moments" text is printed on the card. I backed the patterned paper pieces with black cardstock to add some pop.

The Scrap Shotz Creative Team was challenged to create a non-layout project with this month's kit supplies and mine was this 8x10 canvas I plan to frame and hang in our home. I used the washii tape add on, kit chipboard and "mixed bag" die cuts. I've also misted a Heidi Swapp mask with Mr.Huey's Sunset mist and accented some portions with Viva Glitter Liner.
My starting point for this was the February sketch at the beginning of this post.

You can see what the entire CT created here and please stop by the forum and play along with our challenges for this month.

No comments:

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps April Release Hop & Shop!

  WOWZERS! Have you enjoyed all the incredible Krafty Peeks this week?  SO many fabulous creations from the Krafty Team featuring ALL of ou...