Tuesday, May 4, 2010

TUESDAY...

It was a dreary, gloomy, snowy day here in Calgary. This is what spring is like here! This meant no baseball practice tonight. The forecast is for a high of 5 degrees C. tomorrow so we will have to wait and see if the game takes place.

Blake stayed home from school again with a sore throat but he will be back to school tomorrow.

I vacuumed the house since we still have not been able to get a new filter for our Eureka vacuum cleaner and our house has not been vacuumed in 2 weeks and Vangie will not be able to vacuum tomorrow as a result. I will ask her to wash down the walls and cupboards so she can still get her 4 hours in.

I have Michelle booked to babysit for the boys baseball game tomorrow night. I hope she will be available to help me the following week while Ray goes out of town. I want to hire her to nanny for me. I will talk to her about it tomorrow.

I stayed home from Small Group tonight and Ray went. We did not want Blake to have to stay up late with Cole babysitting him and Jack and Peyton. Peyton was in bed by 7:15pm, Blake and Jack and Cole by 7:30pm. We prayed that Blake would be feeling good tomorrow morning.

Today I also worked on this flyer for our fundraising event:


Compassion In Action2



presents


STOP THE TRAFFIC: VARIETY SHOW


A fundraising dessert evening to help those at risk and the victims of Human Trafficking.


• Human Trafficking is the fastest-growing criminal industry in the world, with annual revenues estimated to be over $31 billion.


• The purpose of trafficking is always exploitation; this can include sexual exploitation, forced labour, slavery, servitude, or the removal of organs.


Something must be done to help those at risk and the victims of modern day slavery.


Thursday, June 10, 2010


7 P.M. – 9 P.M.


Tickets: $5.00 per person


Silver Springs Community Center


5720 Silver Ridge Drive N.W.


Tickets can be purchased at


Donations will be accecpted and can be made by cash, cheque or online. All donations over $5.00 will be issued tax receipts.

Boring I know but I don't have any fancy publishing software at home. We'll see if someone else takes this on or it remains my responsibility after tonight :).

I did do some grocery shopping at Co-Op tonight, hope to do a Costco trip tomorrow and will be picking up Luke for the baseball game.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps April Krafty Peeks Day FOUR! Hello Little One!

    Good morning and welcome to our FINAL day of  April Krafty Peeks! Today we are previewing our last stamp set that will be releasing TOMO...